Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Recipe Review: Todd Wilbur's Red Lobster Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Good Morning America has Todd Wilbur's version of the Red Lobster Cheddar Garlic Biscuit recipe on on their website. Mine ended up looking pretty much nothing like their picture, but they taste pretty close to the Red Lobster version and are delicious. I did tweak the ingredients. I preheated the oven to and baked the biscuits at 375 degrees instead of 400 degrees. Here's what I used:

Biscuit Ingredients
2 1/4 c Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1/4 c unbleached AP flour
3/4 c skim milk
4 tbsp cold butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 c fat-free Kraft shredded cheddar

Biscuit Topping Ingredients

2 tbsp butter
1 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder

I mixed the ingredients largely as per the original directions, but I used a fork instead of doing it by hand. I baked them for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them - they burn quickly!

Once you pull them out of the oven, melt 2 tbsp of butter (I just did this in the microwave). Then stir in the parsley and garlic. Stir it well or the garlic will end up in a big clump at the bottom. Drizzle or brush it over the biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment